Our Mission Statement:
W7EC will organize, collaborate and advocate to ensure access to high quality, community-based public education as a matter of right for Ward 7 early childhood, pre-K – 12th grade, and adult learners.
W7EC will advance its mission by meeting the following objectives:
1) Support all Ward 7 schools in meeting their academic goals:
- Assist schools in securing funding that is outside of what is budgeted by a Local Education Agency (LEA);
- Assisting schools to build capacity: i.e. create or facilitate volunteer opportunities;
- Provide access to training opportunities for administrators, educators, paraprofessionals, and families.
2) Advocate for quality and equity in education:
- Utilize a variety of means to engage and persuade those governing entities that create and implement education policy in order to advance W7EC’s mission;
- Organize and assist members of the W7EC and Ward 7 community members in writing and providing testimony that will address issues that affect the education of Ward 7 early childhood, pre-K – 12th grade, and adult learners to those governing entities that create and implement education policy;
- Organize and facilitate events and activities that will promote awareness and action in support of W7EC mission.
3) Actively engage Ward 7 communities in education and education-related issues and events:
- Inform, engage, and convene the community, students, parents, and all education stakeholders on issues affecting the education of Ward 7 early childhood, pre-K – 12th grade, and adult learners – i.e.: provide surveys;
- Collaborate efforts with other organizations committed to the success of educating Ward 7 early childhood, pre-K – 12th grade, and adult learners and engage in activities such as data collection and resource sharing.